Development opportunities, flexible working and a range of lifestyle benefits are available to ensure you get the most out of your career with the UKHO.
We support a healthy work life balance and offer the following benefits to help you maintain a balanced wellbeing.
Generous leave allowance:
- 26½ annual leave days per year, rising to 31½ days after five years’ service (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Nine paid bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working hours scheme, including up to two days per month flexi leave
- Part-time working
- Job sharing
- Paid special leave (e.g. volunteering, Reserve Forces)
- Career breaks
- Unpaid leave
Also, if you have or are expecting children, we want to support you which is why we offer:
- An on-site, independently run nursery with discounted prices for children of UKHO employees
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced shared parental pay
- Enhanced adoption pay
Helping you plan for the future
Working with us, you'll automatically qualify to join the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme.
We care about your health and wellbeing and we will help you to take care of yourself through:
- An Employee Assistance Programme, providing trained wellbeing and counselling practitioners, 24/7 telephone support, and a dedicated website
- Encouraging regular conversations about wellbeing as part of your monthly 1:1 with your line manager
- Occupational health services
- Yearly flu jabs
- On-site gym (available with CSSC membership)
- Free eye tests
- Chaplaincy service
- Free subscritption to the Headspace app
We believe our people are the key to our success and we want to help you reach your full potential. When you start your career with us, you will work with your line manager to create your development plan.
- At least five days’ learning and development per year
- Professional membership subscriptions
- Talent management
- Mentoring (mentee or mentor) and coaching
- Online courses that can be accessed from home via Civil Service Learning
- Study leave
Your office environment
We work in a modern, environmentally friendly office, which has been purpose-built to mirror our ambition to be a world-leading organisation.
We also offer the following support in your daily journey:
- Car-share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Season ticket/bike loan
- Bicycle servicing for those who regularly cycle to work
As a UKHO employee, you’ll also benefit from some of the discount schemes available to Ministry of Defence employees as well as to Civil Servants as a whole; these include:
- Access to Defence Discount Service and Blue Light Card discount schemes – which offer major-brand discounts, online and on the high street
- Access to UKHO Staff Discount Scheme – which offers discounts at local and national organisations
- Access to Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) – which organises hundreds of events, activities and special offers for members every year
Join our team and discover your next career opportunity at the UKHO. View our latest vacancies across the organisation and find out how to apply.
Working at the UKHO
As a UKHO employee, you'll benefit from flexible working, regular development opportunities, and much more. Our award-winning office in Taunton, Somerset also provides an open and dynamic workplace for our people.